This checklist will help you select hand tools that fit your hand and the job
you are doing.
If you have two pliers and want to select the best of the two, compare each
tool against the features on the checklist. The more "Yes" answers the tool
has, the better the tool.
- For single-handle tools used for power tasks: Does the tool feel
comfortable and have a handle diameter between 1 1/4 inches and 2 inches?
- For single-handle tools used for precision tasks: Is the handle diameter
between 1/4 inch and 1/ 2 inch?
- For double-handle tools used for power tasks: Is the grip span at least 2
inches when closed and no more than 3 1/2 inches when open?
- For double-handle tools used for precision tasks: Is the grip span no less
than 1-inch when closed and no more than 3 inches when open?
- For double-handle tools: Is the handle spring-loaded?
- Is the tool handle without sharp edges or finger grooves?
- Is the tool handle coated with soft material?
- Can the tool be used while keeping your wrist straight?
- Can the tool be used with your dominant hand or with either hand?
- For high-force tasks: Is the handle longer than the widest part of your
hand (usually 4 inches to 6 inches)?
- Does the tool handle have a non-slip surface?
AplusA-online.de - Source: Stevenspublishing