The British Health and Safety Executive (HSE) has developed a free interactive
software to help farmers carry out a comprehensive health and safety assessment
of their farms and to raise the levels of health and safety awareness in the
industry. It is aimed at all farmers (regardless of whether you employ anyone)
and farm managers who are responsible for health and safety.
Originally produced in 2005, the software and question set has been revised and
a new version launched zhis month.
Features of the self-assessment software include:
- - a free downloadable application which can be installed on your computer and
completed off-line at your leisure;
- a configuration screen that tailors the questions to those which are relevant
to your farm;
- a series of questions on key health and safety topics;
- a benchmark for each question of the minimum standards which you should be
reaching to comply with legal requirements and the reasoning behind it;
- a facility for you to add additional risks to your assessment on
issues/hazards which are either not covered by the questions or which are
unique to your farm;
- a facility to allow separate assessments to be produced if you have more than
- outputs in the form of a prioritised list of identified actions.
You can download a copy of the software from the download page.
AplusA-online.de - Source: Health and Safety Executive