The British Health and Safety Commission (HSC) has put a Health & Safety
Performance Indicator online. The Health & Safety Performance Indicator is
designed for small and medium sized businesses operating in the UK. It is a
self-assessment tool to help businesses identify how well they are managing
health and safety. All registered business users of the indicator will remain
anonymous. A series of questions look at how a business manages its health and
safety hazards and incidents. Each is scored out of 10.
The Indicator works by asking a series of questions on:
- key hazards that most SMEs encounter
- frequency of incidents
A score out of ten is calculated for each with ten the best possible result
and zero the poorest.
The Indicator has been designed to:
- be accessible and easy to use
- be useful for businesses and other stakeholders to benchmark performance in
health and safety management in small and medium sized businesses
- provide immediate guidance to businesses on how to improve their management
of health and safety workplace hazards
- provide insight into health and safety management for those less familiar
with the subject
- reflect the nature and issues of small business operations.
The Indicator can help you to:
- understand how well you identify and manage health and safety hazards in
- find guidance to help you improve your management of health and safety
- benchmark against other businesses across sectors and sizes
- give your insurance broker a better understanding of how your business
handles workplace hazards; this will help them get the best terms for your
insurance. See the guide on liability insurance for more information.
AplusA-online.de - Source: Health and Safety Executive