OSHwiki is the first web platform which allows users to create, collaborate and share knowledge on occupational safety and health (OSH) in all languages. It’s a new way to network online with the OSH community, aiming to support government, industry and employee organisations in ensuring safe and healthy workplaces.
Dr Christa Sedlatschek, Director of EU-OSHA calls on OSH professionals to become part of OSHwiki and add to the body of OSH knowledge already available on the platform.
Dr Sedlatschek: The platform is an important step in the drive to improve health and safety in European workplaces and brings added value to those involved on both a professional and a personal level. OSHwiki allows experts to share their work with each other in one easy and convenient place, they can gain recognition from the global OSH community for their expertise, and benefit from having their work peer-reviewed by a wider audience.
OSHwiki is a reliable source of OSH information where accredited authors can create and edit content quickly and easily. Contributors include many national organisations for occupational safety and health as well as leading research institutes. With nearly 300 articles already uploaded by OSH experts, topics found on the platform cover areas such as OSH management and organisation, dangerous substances, ergonomics, psychosocial issues and groups at risk. As a one-stop shop for OSH content, OSHwiki aims to be the go-to resource on health and safety for the OSH community and beyond.
Discover the OSHwiki content and community by visiting the platform.
The top five reasons :
• Professional benefit – get strategically involved in OSH knowledge development by commenting and building upon original articles.
• Personal benefit – gain personal recognition for the content you produce.
• Networking – contribute and debat with others in the OSH community.
• Synergy – gain visibility by linking your contributions to your work and the activities and initiatives of your organisation. Reuse your Content for other purposes such as seminars.
• Worldwide reach – become a part of the worldwide OSH community with a platform that works in all languages.