Workplaces can help by:
- having an infection control plan
- providing clean hand washing facilities
- offering waterless alcohol-based hand sanitizers when regular facilities are not available (or to people on the road)
- providing boxes of tissues and encourage their use
- reminding staff to not share cups, glasses, dishes and cutlery. Be sure dishes are washed in soap and water after use.
- removing magazines and papers from waiting areas or common rooms (such as tearooms and kitchens)
- considering cleaning a person's workstation or other areas where they have been if a person has suspected or identified influenza
- making sure ventilation systems are working properly.
AplusA-online.de - Source: Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety