The Occupational Safety and Health Service of the Department of Labour, New
Zealand, highlights a potentialhealth issue for workers and others who may be
involved in repair of buildings. These problems can arise when leaks allow the
growth of mould and fungi - whatever the cause of the leak.
Symptoms that exposed persons report include:
- Respiratory problems, such as wheezing and shortness of breath;
- Nasal and sinus congestion;
- Eye irritation (burning, watery, or reddened eyes);
- Dry, hacking cough;
- Nose or throat irritation; and
- Skin rashes or irritation.
The necessary control of hazards include
- Remove of Mouldy Materials
- Clean and Dry the Mouldy Areas
- Disinfection of Contaminated Materials
- Precautions (like work for short time periods with rests in fresh air) and especially
-Prevention of Moulds.
AplusA-online.de - Source: Occupational Safety and Health Service of the Department of Labour, New Zealand