In the light of recent changes in work and society, the latest issue of the "EU
- Social agenda' is devoted to the EU's Strategy for Health and Safety at Work.
Other topics include, among other things, increasing life expectancy in the new
Member States, EU anti-discrimination policy, and the future of the Enlarged
Social Europe. It is available in English, French and German.
The issue contains (among other topics)
- Facing common healthcare challenges. New Commission proposals call for
more co-operation between Member States.
- Healthcare in three Member States. A look at the healthcare systems and
reform in Germany, Slovakia and Sweden.
- Moving social policy forward in an enlarged Union. The EU25 will face more
complex issues, but what appears as a challenge in the short term may turn out
to be an opportunity further on down the road.
- New risks in the workplace: stress, depression and violence. The EU is
pushing forward its strategy for employee health and safety, taking into
consideration recent changes in the world of work.
AplusA-online.de - Source: European Agency for Safety and Health at Work