The Texas Commission on Environmental Quality offers some quick tips for
surface coaters that can help reduce complaints from nearby businesses and
neighbors and protect the environment as well.
- Use environmentally friendly coating products instead of those that contain
high levels of volatile organic compounds.
- Reuse or recycle your blasting media, when possible. Collect the blasting
media deposited on tarps or within a containment area, which will allow for
quicker cleanup and disposal.
- Store paint, solvent and coatings in tightly closed containers.
- Conduct surface preparation and painting activities in an enclosed booth or
- Use high-volume, low-pressure paint guns to apply coating.
- Use shrouds and tarps when conducting dry abrasive blasting activities
And a few don'ts:
- Don't leave the lids off of paint containers and let pollutants evaporate
into the air.
- Don't allow odors and paint overspray to leave your site.
- Don't let the wind blow away dry particles produced by blasting
Further more you find:
- Surface Coating Checklist from Small Business and Local Government
- Coatings Operation Workbook for Reducing Waste
- Pollution Prevention Guide for Surface Coating Operations
- Managing Paint and Paint-Related Waste
AplusA-online.de - Source: Stevenspublishing