In 1898 Egisto Lenzi began his career as a merchant of raw materials.
A few years later, in Prato, he converted his activity into textile manufacturing and created the companys first production unit. Due to its fast growth, in 1936 Lenzi joined the production centre in Vaiano, which offered a larger industrial area. Today, the companys main office and part of the production are still based in Vaiano.
The acquisition of production units in the area enabled the Lenzi Group to become a company with fully integrated production within its own internal departments, able to cover the entire textile cycle, including: traditional weaving, jacquard weaving, production of non-woven fabrics, dye works, print house, finishing including special finishes, such as: lamination, coating, bonding, resin coating and special types of treatment. The Research and Development centre and the Quality Control section complete the cycle.
Although the production of unconventional fabrics began immediately after the war, it is only in the last decade that the great technological changes in the textile sector have brought the consolidation of new commercial strategies and an increased demand for high-tech fibres.